Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Staci-isms

--A few weeks ago, Max taught Staci how to say the word 'outfit'.  It doesn't sound like outfit to the untrained ear, but she certainly knows what an 'outfit' is, and when she says it she will grab her shirt and smile.  Today, she was being super adorable (when is she not?) and I told her, "You are SO cute!".  She grabbed her shirt just like she does when she says 'outfit' and said 'cute!'  Why yes you are :)

--She won't SAY hooray, but she will throw her arms up in the air with you when you say it! (if you're happy and you know it shout hooray!)

--She has a funny bone in her butt.  Literally.  When I apply lotion before bed, that is a dry spot for her and I make sure to get it good.  Giggling ensues.

--She has learned the word ouchie, and also that she gets them on her knees.  Even though her most recent ouchie has healed, she will still point to her knee and say, "ahchie!"

--We have a book entitled 'The Library Lion' that is really a bit too old for her.  There are too many words on each page to hold her attention for the whole story.  She has learned on exactly what pages the lion roars and will raaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when she opens the book to that page.  Also, if I call her a liar (like when she says poopoo and points to her butt and there is no poopoo to be found), she roars at me.

--She has all her favorite books memorized by page.  Although she can't recite them with us yet, she does any and all motions we have made up to go with them at the right time (before I do them).  For example, in the book 'Kip the Kitten', there is a page where we count the cats that come in through the cat door.  She starts tapping the page and pointing to cats before I even get there. 

I. Love. That. Child. :)

5 comments:

  1. <3 aren't they just the most amazing things??? Loved reading this and totally fell like I should do something like it on my blog.... wait , what? I HAVE a BLOG??? I'll do it in my head, its much more likely.

    Thank you for sharing. We love her too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I kinda love that child, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I love this age where everything is new and exciting to them!

    ReplyDelete