Monday, August 30, 2010

Fall Consignment Shopping

As many of you know, I LOVE congsignment sales!  There are a few baby and kid's sales that happen in my area twice a year.  You can find excellent deals on items that are in like new condition and help the environment by saving these items from going into landfills.  You may be able to find cheaper items at garage sales, but what I like most about these sales is the items are-most of the time--already inspected.  It isn't very often that you'll find a stained or ripped item at a consignment sale.  Oh, and the toys work!  It is possible to find items like this at garage sales, but in my experience there is a lot more time, effort, and DIGGING involved! My favorite is the Indy Kids Consignment sale.  It is going on in just a couple of weeks--September 16th-18th.  One of the blogs I follow, INGoodCents is hosting a giveaway for presale tickets to this event. I am very excited about the possibility of getting to shop the presale! If you are in the area and interested, go to her site and sign up!

The other two sales I like to check out are the Whale of a Sale and Just Between Friends.  The Whale of a Sale has probably what I would consider the most high-end items--and also the highest prices!  I still love it though.  The JBF sale tends to have items that are not inspected as closely, so just be sure to inspect them yourself and I'm sure you'll find a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment