Sunday, August 29, 2010

diaper sewing diva

I finally did it! I finally made the diaper I have been thinking about and talking about making for months.  It turned out pretty cute!  It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, either.  Except for sewing the elastic into the seem allowance. that part was hard! Hopefully, after I wash it and dry it it will still look somewhat like this LOL! 

I think one of the things I am most excited about are the snaps and my new snap pliers.  I had read that snap pliers were not appropriate for plastic snaps, and that you really needed a snap press.  This is not entirely true.  KAM snaps makes an excellent product that is a fraction of the cost of a snap press (around $100, the pliers are $27!!) and they worked great.  I read the instructions, tried a snap out on a a scrap piece of fabric and voila! It was SO easy. I am very impressed.  If I can do it, trust me, anyone can!

I can't wait to try Staci's new diaper! I will have to report back and let you all know how it works!

3 comments:

  1. damn thats super cute and you're super awesome!!!!!! I've been slacking on the blog reading ( and posting on my own truth be told) and have enjoyed doing a little catch up on yours today!
    Well done super preggo mama !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,that is super cute! I would love to learn how to make those. I have a sewing machine I inherited from my Mom and couldn't even figure out how to thread it, heh.

    ReplyDelete