Sunday, August 29, 2010

moving? perhaps!

We, my husband and I, have been discussing it for a while.  It always seemed like a 'one day' type of discussion.  But after coming home from a day out with my mom who is buying a new house, he finally expressed the desire to move closer to his office--and the sooner the better.  Personally, I like the area we live in.  Our neighborhood is safe, our home is affordable (and still practically brand new), and we have enough space for family gatherings.  However, I don't like that he leaves the house before 7am every morning to beat the nasty traffic a la the I-465 parking lot.  Because he leaves so early, he is able to be home by 5.  I love that he is home by 5, but he has still spent an hour and a half in the car that day.  It really isn't a terrible commute.  But it could be better. A lot better!
 
So, we're thinking of putting the house on the market.  My mom is moving to the east side of Indianapolis in a cute little area close to where my brother and sister-in-law and their two boys live.  This area is 10-15 minutes from my husband's office.  AND, I've already found a house I LOVE!  Well, I love the outside.  I need to see the inside of course! It would be so nice to be walking distance from family.  I would love for Staci to spend more time with her cousins, and I would like to spend more time with family myself--especially with baby number two on the way!

There is a problem, unfortunately.  The builders are still in the neighborhood, and I personally can't see why anyone would buy a 'used' house when they could go down the street and build one and choose all the options themselves.  I know that houses here are selling, I see for sale signs and a few months later they are gone, and a moving truck comes.  So I know there is selling going on, but I don't know how much the sellers have had to come down on their price in order to get the job done. 

It is all kind of up in the air right now I guess! We are waiting to hear back from our realtor about a market analysis.  If things look like it's possible to sell the house for at least what we owe, I think we might try to do just that. Wish us luck!

1 comment: