Friday, July 16, 2010

Big News

Everyone who frequents this blog already knows, and Max and I are looking for a fun way to tell long distance family. so, here it is!
No one was more shocked than me to see that line pop up on the pregnancy test! I tested because I was planning on drinking wine that evening, and since my cycles hadn't become regular yet (in fact, I only had one) I figured it was a good precautionery measure.  I was so surprised I walked out to tell Max, and couldn't utter a word.  I ended up just handing him the pregnancy test.  He jumped up and hugged me, and I just started giggling.  With everything we went through to get pregnant with Staci, I did not think there was any chance we would ever have a surprise pregnancy.  Obviously, I was wrong! 

I did have a little bit of spotting a few days after the positive test and went into the doctor for some bloodwork to see what my levels were doing.  the first level came back at 156, and the second was 397.  It more than doubled in 48 hours which is fantastic, and faster than the doubling time from when I was pregnant with Staci.  

We went for an ultrasound on Wednesday, 7/14 and I was measuring 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant, so exactly where I thought I was.  we got to see the heartbeat and even got to hear it for a little bit.  The heart was beating at 120 beats per minute, which is just about perfect for how far along I am.  I think the heart rate will go up over the next couple of weeks. If it stays low, I will be thinking boy!



In the ultrasound above, the baby is on the right and the yolk sac is on the left. 

So far, I have been feeling pretty nauseous for about a week.  I ordered some psi bands and got them today, they seem to be helping a little.  Basically, they put pressure on an accupressure point that is supposed to disrupt your nervous system's recognition of nausea.  I'm glad to be feeling some relief!  When I was pregnant with Staci I used the b-natal therapops and those worked well, despite the icky too sweet flavor of the cherry I had.  This time I got the green apple flavor but they are still too sweet and not all that effective with this pregnancy--which is unfortunate.

Other than nausea, I have been outrageously hungry and it seems if I am not shoving food in my mouth I'm nauseated.  So, I might be gaining a lot more weight with this baby--I'm hoping I don't! I am also exhausted.  Pregnant and breastfeeding my 15 month old is really wearing me out.  yawn.

Although there are some unpleasant symptoms, I am so thrilled to be expecting again!!  My babies will be about 23 months apart, which is how far apart my brother and I are. I think it will be perfect.  I can't wait to find out of this is a boy or a girl!

I won't be sharing this on facebook for a while, so please no comments there quite yet.  But most people that read this blog already know, and the ones that don't are family so we decided to go for it! ;)

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!! I was thinking maybe you were and have been waiting for find out! I'm sooooo excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girl! I wanted to tell you so bad but I hadn't received my b/w results yet when I drove down to see you, plus I wanted that visit to be about you guys and not me! ;) what gave it away? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. You forgot to show me your picture after talking about it so I'm glad I finally got to see it!! There's a BABY in there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! That's so exciting! Staci is such a cutie, I can't wait to see how darling the next one will be!

    ReplyDelete