Thursday, January 14, 2010

Updates and developments!

It's been a pretty exciting start to the year at our house.  Last week, we found out that Max passed his most recent actuarial exam with flying colors.  This is excellent news for us, because with each exam he passes he gets a raise at work.  It's not monumental or anything, but every little bit counts! Now, he just has some 'VEE' requirements (I have no idea what that stands for, sorry) to fulfill, which mostly entails the grown up version of worksheets and take-home tests, to earn his ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries). 

Other exciting news is that Staci has learned to open and close her hand along with her 'wave', so it's a REAL wave now, not just a greeting.  She throws her arm up into the air, opens and closes her hand with a GIANT smile. She is SO awesome! She has also learned to 'Hi-five'.  This is such a funny thing, too, because Shania (the dog) gets jealous and wants to hi-five me for treats whenever Staci and I do it.  I indulge her, who wouldn't?

In other news, I received a surprise phone call from a local spa who saved my resume from way back when I was looking for work outside the home--before I found out I was pregnant.  I was so flattered they kept my information and wanted me to come in for an interview.  I went, of course, who could turn that down? But not without great anxiety at even the thought of leaving my sweet girl.  I know she is nine months old, and lots of moms go back to work at 12 weeks or, sadly, some far before that.  I decided the most I'm willing to work right now is one day every other week.  We don't have any daycares looked at and since we're still nursing 6-7 times per day and a few times at night I can't imagine working more than that.  Plus, we really don't have 'Grandma Day Care' as an option since both Grandmas work full time.  The spa was beautiful and I just love the idea of getting back into the business, so I do hope they call. 

Which brings me to one more thing--have I mentioned on here that I'm an esthetician? I have a few skin care posts planned so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment