Sunday, January 3, 2010

9 months! really? Where has the time gone?

Nine months and 2 days ago I had the pleasure of meeting my daughter for the very first time.  Funny enough, in just a few days, on the 6th, Staci will turn 40 weeks old.  She will have been out as long as she was in! I must say time moves MUCH faster now than it did when I was pregnant--full of so much anticipation and anxiety about becoming a mother.  Somehow we made it here, and it's a wonderful place to be!

Dear Anastasia,
  At nine months old, you are scooting yourself everywhere and you get into everything!  I just went to BRU and picked up some baby gates to keep you from trying to scoot down the stairs.  You are fearless!  Your most favorite game to play is to chase the animals.  I always know when you have Rascal or Shania as your goal because you immediately pick up speed and start giggling like a maniac.  It kills me every time!  Rascal will indulge you in the game--the second you get an arm's length away, he will get up and walk a few feet further from you.  It's as if he's saying, "catch me if you can!"  Shania, on the other hand, would really prefer not to have her fur and tail pulled.  So when she sees you coming, she gets up and moves clear across the room.  You look at me like, "Hey!  I was trying to get her!" LOL.  Both animals are very good with you and when you do get a fistful of fur, they somehow manage to just sit there and take it, and then leave at the next available opportunity.  We are certainly blessed with compassionate animals who I'm certain will be among your very first friends.

--You are still wearing 9 month clothes in most brands.  You have outgrown a few things but aren't quite into the 12 month stuff yet
--You are hovering right around 18lbs.  Stats from your 9mo checkup on Monday to come!
--Yup, still in the middle snap of your one sized diaper.
--You are finally starting to eat some solid food.  You love oatmeal with pears,and you also love avacados.  Sweet potato fries are a favorite but everything else you could pretty much take or leave.  Nursing is your most preferred from of nourishment--as it should be!
--You really raked it in for Christmas this year and we are both enjoying the new toys.  You were getting a bit bored with your old stuff (or wait, was that Mommy?).
--You are really for real waving now!  before you would wag your arm occasionally at me and I took it as waving, but now when you are scooting about and I call your name, you turn around, grin, and throw your arm up in the air.  You don't wag your hand or open and close it, but it's undeniably a greeting.  my heart melts every time
--You are still waking a few times a night, but our nights have been MUCH better recently.  You have only needed me about 2 times a night for the past week or so.  Keep it up!

I love you, Anastasia.  Thanks for choosing us to be your parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment