Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My New Year's is Finally Starting!

I have been avoiding this post for only one reason: I am a little bit lazy. And distracted. And over-tired. You get the drift.  But as January draws to a close, I am beginning to feel antsy to get started.  My new year's resolution is to begin the Fly Lady program (for the five-hundred-and-eighty-sixth time) and actually stick with it!

For those of you that have never heard of it, go and check out http://www.flylady.net/.  It's a step-by-baby-step program to get lazies easily distracted people, like me, into a routine of keeping the house clean and orderly.  I honestly thought that once I had my own place I would keep it clean.  I moved off to college and that didn't happen.  Then I thought when I wasn't working or in school full time THEN I could keep up with house work.  Nope.  The house really benefited from the nesting phase of pregnancy, but since I gave birth this house has taken a beating.  I'm so overwhelmed with the clutter it puts me in a bad mood.  I don't want that anymore! I don't want to rush around cleaning before people come over so I'm not embarrassed at the state of my house.  I'm sick of fur-tumble weeds.  I'm tired of not knowing where anything is.  It's time to get busy!

Step one of the Fly Lady program is to shine your kitchen sink.  I did this today, and at potentially great peril to my cat I'll have you know--he smelled mysteriously like bleach water at one point today.  So, you can see I'm dedicated. 

In proof I'm posting a picture!  Here is my nice, shiny sink!

Tomorrow's step is to get dressed to lace up shoes.  There are some days  I don't even get out of my pj's, so this is a good step for me!  I probably won't take a picture, so you'll just have to trust me.  That and keep the sink clean.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I just started my emails tonight!!! Tomorrow I'm shining my sink.
    Seriously, this post was taken from my mind. At every stage of my life, I always look to the next one of being more organized. Considering the next step of my life (empty nest) is a good 20 years away...I might as well get organized now.
    Let's be FlyLady buddies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a plan! take a pic of your shiny sink tomorrow and post it. I know I will do so much better with a buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete