Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just had to share

I did not come up with this cartoon, but I wanted to share!  Before breasfeeding my daughter, I always thought I would be discreet while breastfeeding in public.  The more I have to hastle with the stupid cover, the more I feel the urge to ditch it and just not care.  It's just a boob people, seriously! If more women breastfeed without covers in public, it will become commonplace and not so taboo.  So, please, I urge you, if you are a breastfeeding mom, throw caution to the wind and feed your baby without a cover!  Breastfeeding truly is a beautiful thing.  It's not something to be shunned, breastfeeding should be celebrated.


4 comments:

  1. I was being daring while we were at camp and nursed Noah in a room with other people (including DH) and as we walked out a bit later, he asked if he needed to eat. When I told DH that I already fed him, he seemed shocked, then completely amazed at how quick, quiet & unnoticed it was. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use a cover while nursing the girls in public, but now just don't bother. It's much more of a hassle for me to dig it out, the girls aren't used to having a cover on their head and hated it. The cover became more of an attraction for people to look at. Now I just pull up my shirt a bit and besides the initial start up I don't think people notice at all most of the time. Really the only person that I've ever noticed having an issue with me nursing in public the Queen B (my SIL). Love the cartoon btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL A great cartoon! And I agree its just a boob :)

    ReplyDelete