Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Half-birthday, my darling girl!

Dear Anastasia,

  You are six months old today.  When I look back on the day you were born, I marvel at how much you have grown in only half of a year!  I can't know for sure, but I'd guess you are in the 17ish pound range, nearly 3 times your birth weight!  Your little thighs are getting so chubby you're getting rolls on your knees, and your little wrists look as if you're wearing a hair tie around them.  It seriously is the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen!  You are still exclusively breastfed, but we will be starting solids today or tomorrow.  I can't wait!  You still love to blow raspberries at your dad and I, and you absolutely love your Jumpster. 

We've been having some sleep issues and neither your dad nor myself are getting much sleep because of it.  I am fearful I'm not being the kind of mommy you deserve due to my sleep deprivation, so we have started the cry it out method with you.  I know you won't remember it, but I want you to know I love you so much and hearing you cry makes me cry, too.  Nevertheless, getting sleep is very important for all of us as a family.  I wish I could bring you into bed with me for every nap time, but the fact of the matter is you don't sleep all that well there anyway, and it seemed that the more I did that, the less sleep you actually got. 

Onto the fun stuff!

-You are in 6-9 month clothes, and have already gotten too long for a few of those sleepers.  Crazy, isn't it?
-You are still on the middle snap of your one-size cloth diaper. 
-You are just learning to use a sippy cup
-You can sit up all by yourself!
-You used to hate tummy-time, but are really starting to love it now!  You scoot all around the house, but you have only managed to go backwards so you never know where you are going.
-You also love to scoot on your back, you get your little feet underneath you and kick off.  it's quite entertaining to witness!
-You are still enchanted by our animals, and have managed to get a few fistfuls of Rascal and Shania fur.  luckily they are good animals and have let you do your thing.and not showed any signs of retaliation.
-You are starting to teeth.  there is a lump on your lower left side.  Upon further investigation, I am pretty sure it's just a cyst--kinda like a pimple--but I'm certain teeth aren't far behind.
-You squeel and laugh in delight when we tickle your belly, kiss it, or blow raspberries on it. 
-Peekaboo is old hat now, I am pretty sure you learned object permanance a couple of weeks ago.  you used to love it, but now you look at me like, "Silly Mommy, hiding behind your hands!  I know you're there!"
-'This little Piggy' is a favorite of yours.  I think your toes are ticklish!

I'm floored at how much I can love a tiny little person.  Every laugh, smile, giggle, reach, every first fills my heart with joy.  I can't wait to see what you love to do as you get older!  Watching you grow is a true miracle.

Love,
Mom

1 comment: