Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 3: gagging

Today Staci got to try sweet potatoes!  I cut them into small wedges, like french fries, tossed them with a little extra virgin olive oil and roasted them at 425 for ~30 minutes.  My oven cooks hot so this proved to be a bit too long and most of the pieces were too crunchy (i.e. burnt to a crisp... woops!) to give to Anastasia.  No problem, there were still a few and Mommy got to eat the rest! yum! 

Staci is such a fast learner, it totally blew my mind!  the second I put her down in her high chair she immediately started banging on her tray looking for a bit of food to taste.  I set a few fries in front of her and she grabbed one immediately and brought it straight to her mouth.  She was able to demolish 3-4 fries by gumming them and then sucking the sweet inside out. 

She had her first gag, which had me out of my seat in a flash to swipe her up and smack her back, but I didn't have a chance before she skillfully (and forcefully, might I add) threw it and a bit of milk from her prior feeding right up.  This and a bit of caughing happened 4-5 times today.  It is certainly a little nerve racking but I know how to deal with it if it becomes a true situation, so at least I am prepared.  From what I understand, this is very normal and expected for the first couple of months until they really learn how things work. 

All in all, I think she really liked the sweet potato!  Much less messy than the broccoli, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment