Thursday, September 3, 2009

Turning 27 at the Indy Zoo!

Today is a landmark day.  I turn 27 today.  I'm not sure what it is about 27 that is so much older than 26, but I've officially moved into my 'upper' 20's.  I am making it a personal rule to soak in every last moment of my 20's, and enjoy them to the fullest. In honor of this, a good friend from my natural birthing class, Becky, took us to the zoo today!  We had a blast!  We started off at the dolphin show. (check the video banner at the right for a short, like 2 second vid of the dolphins flipping!!)
After, we took a short break to nurse the babes and do some diaper changes.  We made our way through, stopping tor some fun pics along the way.
My favorite part of the day was probably getting up close and personal with this elephant!  I love elephants, I just think they are amazing creatures!  We got to see this one cross his legs, touch his nose (to his nose, LOL) shake his head, and then we got to 'pet' her!  I had never been that close to an elephant before.  very cool!
Thanks Becky for a wonderful birthday out and a fun trip to the zoo!
Max came home and treated me to dinner out (we NEVER go out to eat, I could probably count on one hand how many times we've been to a sit down resteraunt this year) and then to a DQ treat.  I'd turn 27 every day if I got to have days like this!

1 comment: