Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Olivia

Olivia,

I can't believe you are one year old today! Looking back at the past year, it has been a mix of elation, sleep deprivation, and joy.  You need to know that your big sister loves you with every fiber of her being, and so do your parents. You should know your big sister helped Mommy pick out decorations for your party. As soon as I finish writing this I am going to bake your birthday cupcakes and finish putting up those decorations Staci chose.

3/3/12--with your birthday balloons!
Right at this moment, you are sitting by me 'reading' some board books and making a mess of the Curious George matching cards. You are extremely good at entertaining yourself, and that's lucky because your big sister can take all of my attention from time to time.

--you are in 12-18mo and 18mo clothing
--you are walking everywhere
--you have 7 teeth, soon to be 8
--when Staci turns music on to dance to, you will rock and dance, too. You also love it when I pick you up and dance with you.
--You take two naps a day, and wake up frequently at night.
--You're a champion eater. You are doing great with eating table foods and still nursing 10ish times a day.
--You love books and toys that play music
--Your favorite food, besides momma milk, is applesauce and bananas. I think sweet potato fries are pretty high on the 'like' list as well.
--You can sign 'milk', 'please', and 'more'. I am mostly sure you are also doing your own version of 'all done' while also saying it a la "ahhhDAH! ahhhhDAH!"
--You will hold up a book and say, " bbbbuuh! bbbbuuhhh!" but then you did the same thing for the balloons. So, no clear first words yet, but I'm keeping my ears open.

You are so much fun. I love you with all my heart. I love watching you grow and every new stage is always my 'favorite stage'. Your big sister says you are her best friend.  I hope you call each other your best friends for the rest of your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment