Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy 3 months Olivia!

Dear Olivia,
  You will be 3 months old tomorrow!  It is simply amazing how fast you are growing.  You've been in 3-6 and 6mo clothing for 3 weeks now, and you are even in 6-9mo sleepers in a couple of brands.  You've grown out of the 'newborn' size diapers I made (my pattern had 'tiny newborn' and 'newborn' sizes) and are officially into the 'smalls'.  At your two month appointment, you were 13lbs5.5oz and 24.5 inches long. If you keep up with your 97th percentile heighth, you may end up nearly 6 feet tall. 
--you are cooing and smiling at us non-stop. 
--I got a giggle out of you for the first time last week, all because I 'booped' your nose. so cute!
--you still love to be carried in the moby wrap or ring sling and fall asleep almost instantly
--you still wake to nurse a few times during the night most nights
--In order to fall asleep, you need to be walked around or nursed and rocked simultaneously. 
--Your sister can always make you smile
--You are not a fan of your carseat.  Car trips, even short ones, are excruciating for all of us.
--You love your playmat! It's so much fun to watch you bat toys around and kick the sides of the arc and get the music and lights display going. 
--If I hold you up in front of me and talk to you, you immediately start talking back to me.  It's almost as if you're saying, "I've been waiting ALL DAY for you to ask me about this, Mommy!" Bestill my heart.
--You are still sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's room, and will be for quite some time I have a feeling.  Mommy loves having you so close.

This is what your cooing is like right now:



I love you so much, Olivia.  I can't wait to see your little personality emerge!

No comments:

Post a Comment