Monday, February 21, 2011

38 weeks

We are getting very excited to welcome baby Olivia into our lives on the outside!  In just 2 weeks, give or take, our lives are going to be forever changed by a tiny little person.  She is going to grow and grow, but she will start out tiny (at least Mommy hopes). 

I have set up a bassinette next to my side of the bed, I've been making diapers like crazy, I have my birth bins all set to go--dare I say we are ready?  Only a few things left to do--I want to finish up a couple of diaper covers and we need to get the infant seat installed in the car. 

As far as birth preparations go, I still need to figure out how to attach the hose to the sink to fill the birth tub, but other than that I think we are good to go.  I have an 'emergency birth kit' prepared just in case things happen too quickly and no one can get here in time--and since I'm all prepared for that I'm sure labor will putter in and out just as it did for Staci--giving me plenty of time to cook and clean and prepare. 

I think Staci is starting to come around to the idea of there being another baby in the house.  She pulled out my shirt and looked down at my chest, pointed and said, "milk" the other day.  I was so shocked, but yes Staci that is where milk comes from and that's what the new baby is going to eat!  She just looked at me and nodded.  She astounds me with her level of perception. 

Dear Olivia,
  We absolutely cannot wait to meet you!  I'm so excited for your birth, to sniff your tiny head and cover it with kisses.  I want to introduce you to your daddy and your big sister, I know you will love them just as much as I do. 

I've dreamt about you, felt you in my arms and it was SO real. but I am not the only one who has been dreaming about you and your birth.  Myself, your daddy, 3 of my friends AND our midwife have all dreamt about your birth.  There are a lot of people anticipating your arrival.  You are already so loved here, and that love is only going to grow once you arrive. 

I keep forming tiny baby faces in my mind, and it's hard to imagine having a baby that doesn't look like your sister.  It's going to be so amazing to see what you look like--and to see how your personality is different.  We love you dear Olivia and we can't wait to meet you--so please come out soon!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to update your blog description! You'll have to change it to "Daughters." Beautiful letter.

    ReplyDelete