Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy 8 months old sweet girl!

Dear Anastasia,

Today you are 8 months and 1 day old.  I am so excited to watch you grow!  It's amazing to see how smart you are.  Today you, your Grandma Ellen and I went to Costco to pick up a few things.  They always have snacks and I picked up some pretzels with peanut butter in them.  You aren't old enough for peanut butter yet, but you don't know that!  The way you watched me eat them was intense, and then, when I wasn't looking, you made a grab for them.  It was so cute and I wished I could have given you some. Don't fret, I'm sure peanut butter will be one of your favorite things to eat after you turn one and can have it!

You are getting bigger and bigger each day! I think you will be in the 9-12 month sleepers before we know it because your little legs are so long! (you get that from me!)

-You are wearing 6-9mo and 9mo clothing
-You are still in the middle snap of your one size cloth diaper, but at nighttime we super stuff it and have to unsnap it all the way
-You are still waking up at night quite frequently to nurse, I hope to cut down on this soon so I can get a bit more rest, though, I know I will miss it when you no longer wake in the night and need me and only me.
-You have started dragging yourself about in an army crawl and it is SO adorable.  I put your toys far away from you just so I can watch you slide across the carpet!
-Your absolute favorite toy is paper. Plain paper, ad paper, envelopes, newspaper--it doesn't matter.  you love to crinkle it and rip pieces off and of course, stick it in your mouth. 
-You are not too keen on being spoonfed, though mommy tries every day at least once.  You prefer to feed yourself so you can control what goes in and when.  You love carrots, avacado, bananas, and applesauce. Cheerios are a favorite and you're finally figuring out how to get them in your mouth--where as before you'd get 3-4 in your little fist and then just suck on your fist. Silly girl!
-You still love your jumper.  I think it will be a sad day for you when you learn to walk and can no longer jump in it!
-You absolutely love to dance with Mommy and Daddy.  Lately we've been listening and singing along to Christmas music--and of course dancing, too.  You can't stop smiling and have become quite the giggle box whenever we spin.  Be still my heart!

Always remember that I love you with every fiber of my being and I will always, always, always be here for you.  You and your Daddy are my whole world, and I'm so blessed to have you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment