Friday, November 27, 2009

So, Where Have I Been?

So, where have I been, you might be wondering? Well, I've spent most of my online time this month doing 'The Great Cloth Diaper Hunt' through Diaper Decisions--a website dedicated to helping home based cloth diaper and natural parenting websites. You can read more about it here. I have officially found all 170 diaper icons and will be entered into all of the drawings, so I'm hopeful to win at least a little something, but if not I still had a blast doing all of the hunts! It's basically a giant virtual scavenger hunt for grown ups, and I got to learn so much along the way.


One of the most interesting things I learned in my 170 natural parenting website scavenger hunt was the idea of Elimination Communication, or EC.  I had never heard of this before, and to be frank, was a little caught off-guard at the idea of it.  However, the more I think about it, the more interesting it becomes.  I haven't done enough research yet to decide if this is something I want to try, but I figure we could start extremely slowly and go for maybe one less diaper a day, or even one less diaper a week.  I just think it would help bring my bond with Staci to another level--learning to communicate with her even more than I already do. 
 
Also, I was inspired by many of the websites I saw.  I even started thinking of learning to sew and trying my hand at making my own cloth diapers.  When we are ready for baby #2, we will at least be needing some newborn sized cloth diapers so I figured I could start with those.  This is just a pipe dream at this point, but *IF* I decided I liked sewing them I could maybe even open my own online store--and Etsy or Hyenacart site. I could potentially even design some of my own skin care/baby care products and use my esthetics background. 
 
It all seems very exciting to me at this point, but first I have to learn how to sew.  And after I've tried a few times at making diapers, then I can decide if it's something I want to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment