Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm back!

Whew!  I can't believe it's been almost an entire month since I have updated this! Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We had a wonderful holiday.  My mom came over to help me cook and clean in preparation for our family's celebration which I hosted here on Wednesday evening.  It was great fun, and a lot less pressure than the traditional hosting because we opted for a potluck style meal.  Most things turned out wonderful even though we hadn't tried the recipes before, and Mom and I were very proud of ourselves for cooking a turkey for the first time!  Usually, my dad is the one to take over in the kitchen but he was on the way to Baltimore to visit with a friend's family so we were on our own. 


I did get a bit flustered and overwhelmed when it was time to sit down and eat.  Staci was fussing (had refused her afternoon nap, so this was inevitable), and I had no clue how to carve a turkey. Thankfully, my mom took over and all was right again in the world, LOL. 

After the meal, we all sat around visiting, and Quinn--my 17 month old nephew-- was the life of the party.  He was so funny!  He loved my mom's phone, and she called her messages and let him listen to them, and he walked around pretending to talk on the phone for a good 30-45 minutes.  He was hilarious, babbling, gesturing, pacing, and at one point went to go have some privacy in his 'office' (the stairs).  Whenever someone would call the phone and it would play a song, he would dance.  It was so cute!


On Thursday we went to Max's aunt's home and enjoyed a wonderful meal with them.  Staci was a good baby and didn't cry a single time!  She even went down for a nap while we were there without being rocked--now that is a real miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment