Friday, April 15, 2011

Olivia is 6 weeks old!

one month, 4 days
Dear Olivia,

You are six weeks old today! Time has been flying by; amazingly, it is flying even faster than it did with your big sister.  You are growing so big every day and starting to become less of a newborn and more an infant every time I look at you. 

Right now as I type, you are sleeping soundly on my chest.  I absolutely love this age.  I love your snuggles and the way you will sleep in my arms.  I love to put you in the Moby Wrap and play with your big sister AND get to snuggle you at the satme time.  I love the noises you, like all newborns, make.  Little snorts and squeaks make my heart go pitter patter. 

You are distinguishing yourself from your sister already.  She loved her pacifier; I can't get you to take one.  She never had a problem taking a bottle; you have refused three times now.  One thing is for certain--as of right now, you are a mama's girl and I couldn't be happier about that!  Your big sis is a Daddy's girl--and I want you to know, Mommy needs a partner in crime, too. 
6 weeks old

--At birth, you were 7lbs, 9oz and 2 days later you were down to 7lbs3oz.  By 1 week, you were already 8lbs.  (That's a successful nursing relationship right there)
--You outgrew the tiny newborn diapers I made for you at 4 weeks old
--At 5 weeks old, you outgrew every last piece of 'newborn' sized clothing.  Mommy is not putting it away yet because she can't handle the thought of potentially never getting it out again.
--You nurse about every 2 hours during the day, but are giving us 4 and 5 hour stretches at night which is wonderful and perfect for your age.
--You hate riding in the car.  And, as I mentioned above, you won't take a pacifier.  Insert expletives here.
--You don't like to be put down. Ever.


--Every time I go to get your sister up in the morning or from her naps, the first thing out of her mouth is, "Baby!!"  She loves you so. much. I can't wait to see you two play together.

I love you so much and I absolutely can't wait for all the fun we will have together as a family as you grow up. Just don't grow too fast!

2 comments:

  1. Man she is growing so fast. Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gotten soo big! I can't believe it's been 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete