Friday, May 14, 2010

Officially a grown-up

On Mother's Day, 2010, I officially became a grown-up.  That is, according to my mother.  The fact that I actually planted flowers and mulched all by myself were the actions that officially crossed me over from child to adult in her mind. 

I love my mother.  She is awesome.  And she knows it.  So awesome in fact, that she knows the only way to get something done well is to do it yourself.  So, as you may have guessed, there were many school projects growing up that got turned in that were much more her work than mine. The same goes for household chores and things like yard work.  I never had much of an interest, perhaps because I never had the opportunity to do anything other than pull weeds out of the rocks lining either side of our driveway.  I mean really, who wouldn't get excited about that?
In addition to planting flowers, I am also growing a few herbs in my window sill and have managed to keep two aloe plants alive.  I have never been able to keep plants alive! I just always forgot they were there.  What has changed?  Perhaps my mom is right.  Perhaps I truly am, finally at 27, the married mother of one--perhaps I truly have become a grown-up.  *shivers*

2 comments:

  1. Love the flowers! I still can't keep a plant alive, hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowers! Mine came in yesterday and we are hoping to plant Sunday.
    P.S. I'm trying to avoid that whole being a grownup thing. I think its overrated.

    ReplyDelete